Hello avid reader… Did you miss me? Work has taken off recently and I’ve been completely swamped until now. Well, I’m still swamped but I can’t get my brain into work mode while I have something in the oven (a literal oven – it will burn.)
I’ve since bought another Filofax – the Yoda of the FF world – the A5 Malden in Ochre. Oh divinity! That isn’t to say I don’t love and adore my Yellow Original (YOG) whom I now call Warlow. Though now that I think about it, that name might better suite the Malden. I like to name things. I named my plants: George, Gracie & Georgette. I will need to find another name for the YOG. There is also a gorgeous Fluro Pink Original waiting for me for my birthday. Oh I can’t wait! My family spoils me. I think I’ll name her Flo or something very bubble-gummy.
I’ve had a wonderful time moving into my darling Filofax. Still ironing out the details and trying to rely more on it than my phone. I’ve created my own laminated dividers with a fantastic $20 find at Costco! My YOG has 5 sections:
- Monthly Calendar
- Weekly Calendar
- Work Projects
- Personal Info.
All of my sheets are created by me.
OK, so here we go…
My Dashboard – like everyone else just a place where I keep notes. Here’s the quick story of my note – I was watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. When they are in the library, they discuss the origin of the Roman numerals – III, VII & X. When I was young, my father used to tell me GD’s favorite numbers were 3, 7 & 10. So I decided to look them up. In Hebrew, each letter corresponds to a number. In this case the letters formed a specific which in turn had a specific meaning “this too shall pass”. I love that statement. It makes the good times sweeter and the hard times easier to bare, so I keep it at the forefront of my FF as a reminder.
1. Monthly Calendar – this is pretty self explanatory. I’m still trying to re-train myself to write everything down and rely more on my written word than my digital calendar. The only trouble there is that’s how I communicate with work and things might change in the moment.
2. Weekly Calendar – I’ve shown you a week in the future as I have a lot of sensitive work information in the current weeks. And this week below is also my anniversary week! That will be anniversary #1 for me and Hubs. The paper anniversary – how appropriate for a FF lover!
3. Work Projects – I created these sheets to help streamline the information I need to build my proposals for clients.
4. Notes – this is kind of my catch-all section, or where I can grab some extra paper for more detailed proposals, etc.
5. Personal – This is where I keep my registration, cards, etc.
And here’s me and Hubs on wedding day!! Love this photo.
Well, that’s all for now folks! Hope you enjoyed a quick look into my world.